Research In Motion (RIM) and Cell C recently announced that the BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablet is now available in South Africa from Cell C.
The BlackBerry PlayBook features an ultra-portable design and delivers industry leading performance, uncompromised web browsing with support for Adobe® Flash®, true multitasking, HD multimedia, advanced security features, out-of-the-box enterprise support and a robust development environment.
“We are delighted to launch the BlackBerry PlayBook to our subscribers,” said Simon Camerer, Cell C’s Executive Head of Marketing. “In addition to its many benefits for business users, the BlackBerry PlayBook offers an exceptional multimedia and web experience that our customers will enjoy.”
The BlackBerry PlayBook is available in three Wi-Fi® models from Cell C, featuring 16 GB, 32 GB or 64 GB of memory storage.
BlackBerry PlayBook specifications:
- 7″ 1024×600 WSVGA capacitive LCD touch screen
- Ultra-portable at less than a pound and less than one-half inch thick: 0.9 lbs (425g) and 5.1” x 7.6” x 0.4” (130mm x 194mm x 10mm)
- 1 GHz dual-core processor
- BlackBerry® Tablet OS with support for symmetric multiprocessing
- MP3, AAC and WMA audio playback
- Support for high resolution video playback (H.264, MPEG4, WMV)
- 1080p HDMI output
- Dual 1080p HD cameras for video conferencing and video capture (3MP front and 5MP rear)
- GB RAM memory
- Up to 64 GB internal storage (16, 32 and 64 GB models)
- GPS, Orientation Sensor (Accelerometer), 6-Axis Motion Sensor (Gyroscope), Digital Compass (Magnetometer)
- Stereo speakers and stereo microphones
- Wi-Fi (802.11 a/b/g/n) connectivity
- Bluetooth® 2.1+EDR support