Touted as South Africa’s biggest youth radio station, 99.2 YFM has introduced the future of South African DJ culture with the announcement of its 2012 line-up.
Having paved the way for young talent over the years, YFM is raising the bar again with its carefully handpicked selection of young talent spearheading the new school revolution. Leading the pack is heavyweight Tholi B, who comes with years of experience and true YFM DNA, making him the perfect choice to take over the afternoon drive time show.
– Former UJ FM campus DJ, Bryce ‘AnkleTap’ Clarke, will now host ‘The Tap Mansion’ from 12:00 to 15:00.
– Mo Flava will remain in his breakfast show slot.
– Leading the new young blood crew is former Voice of Wits DJ and one of South Africa’s most recognisable faces from his days as a YoTV presenter, Musa Mthombeni.
– Also joining the team is sassy and spunky actress Thando Thabethe, famed for her role in SABC1’s My Perfect Family.
– YFM also welcomes a new cutting edge mix DJ team with DJ Shimza, dynamic Miss Cosmo, Just Mo, Josi Chave and Zan-D.
The 2012 programming line-up is as follows:
|Monday – B&E with Motso|
|Tuesday – R&B with The Twinz|
|Wednesday – Kwaito with Stapura|
|Thursday – Hip Hop with Siz|
|Friday – Dance with Just Mo|
|Monday – Live n ReYired|
|Tuesday – Up Close ‘n Personal
Wednesday – Ragga with Admiral&Jah Seed
Thursday – The Full Clip with Siz n Scoop
|Friday – Defected|
|15h00-18h00Sundays||Top 40 – Linda Mbuso|
|21h00-24h00 Sundays||Rotational slot|
“YFM has always groomed young talent, giving them a commercial platform in the industry. Our new line-up offers some of the hottest and best young DJs in the game today,” says YFM programming manager, Tumelo Diaho-Monaheng.
Another new development set to hit the YFM airwaves on 2 April is a new music mix format – YTKO. YTKO promises to deliver a lively party atmosphere, turning any dull weekday at the office into a weekend session at the club. This new daily mix feature, packed with good pure music, is geared up and ready to introduce a new era in South African DJ culture.
“This is a true coming of age story as a brand. YFM has come full circle, and with the introduction of YTKO, the texture of live mixes on radio will be transformed and perfected. YFM ignites your passion and sets your soul on fire, whatever space the listener is in, and we aim to make them move!” says Monaheng.