In partnerships with the (NFVF) National Film and Video Foundation, Canvas Academy will be conducting a sponsored six months long, Digital Art & Animation weekend programme, to train 30 (thirty) exceptionally talented young artists in high schools from Soweto, Alexandra and Tembisa and other townships.
FULLY FUNDED BURSARY FOR 6 MONTHS (SATURDAYS)
Course Includes Course Tuition, Transportation, Computer and Tablet (use in a lab), Sketchbook and pencil.
Outcomes: Printed artwork, Group Exhibition, Certificate of Completion and Portfolio of work.
“The very nature of animation stems from art and storytelling bound by technology as a tool. This then leads to the understanding that we cannot begin the conversation of animation industry transformation without accepting that talent is the foundation. In other words, talent unexposed, not nurtured and resourced will never realize its full potential.”
HOW TO APPLY
2. Take a picture of your best artworks, send it via WhatsApp to 067 727 3887.
3. If you receive an invitation to come Audition – bring 5 of your best artworks on the day.
4. The top 30 will be selected and contacted for enrolment.
DATES AND VENUES OF AUDITIONS TO BE ANNOUNCED WITH THE INVITATION.
– Must be attending a High School(in one of the Townships)
– Must be in Grade 10, 11 or 12