Remuneration: negotiable basic salary
Benefits: Retirement fund contributions as well as medical aid assistance.
Education level: Diploma
Job level: Management (Snr – Executive, 5+ yrs)
Own transport required: Yes
Travel requirement: Often
DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES/KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
• Monitor the performance of the sales team.
• Achieve a minimum of 100% of agreed monthly sales targets as set by the CEO.
• Achieve a minimum of 100% of agreed annual sales targets as set by the CEO.
• Ensure annual commitments are negotiated on time.
• Keep abreast of all agency portfolio movements and their respective brands and target markets.
• Develop strong working relationships with agencies and clients.
• Keep abreast of all programming and market research.
• Take responsibility for the execution of all sales proposals (initiation, conceptualisation and presentation).
• Deliver sales training to account executives and other relevant stakeholders.
• Generate new business using viable methods used in the media industry.
• Maintain and grow the existing client base as per the agreed targets.
• Communicate effectively and ensure harmonious inter-departmental relationships at all times.
• Manage all client relationships efficiently at all times ensuring accessibility, approachability and professionalism.
• Achieve a minimum of 100% of agreed targets during the three month probation period and 85% for every quarter afterward.
• Action any reasonable requests that may be required from time to time
Youth Radio Station
• Essential – Electronic media sales experience of at least five years with a proven track record
• Advantageous – Degree (NQF 6 qualification)
• Advantageous – Radio sales experience
Applicants must submit a comprehensive CV, copies of their three most recent payslips as well as names of three contactable referees.
• Great interpersonal skills
• Conflict resolution skills
• Management skills
• Strong financial acumen
• Strong willingness to travel
• Able to communicate clearly and concisely
• Must be able to perform functions with a high level of accuracy
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines with a sense of urgency and accountability.
• Ability to work in varied business environments/cultures
• Diligent reporting
• Must be able to work as a part of a team
• Ability to collaborate with different business units and work cross functionally
• A good understanding of the Microsoft Office Suite
• Must be logical
• Strong listening skills
• Negotiation skills
+ 27 11 772 0800