Well if you’re familiar with Instagram and Snapchat stories you will easily adapt to new WhatsApp status feature.
The facebook-owned messaging app has launched a new feature that allows users to post photos and videos as status updates.
This feature works the same way you post stories on Snap or Insta, with WhatsApp, the status will then expire after 24 hours. If you jump onto your privacy settings you can control who see the status and who shouldn’t.
WhatsApp started out as a way for people to let their friends know what they are up to at work or available, for example.
WhatsApp said the status posts will be end-to-end encrypted, meaning only the parties who are communicating can see the messages and not even WhatsApp can view them.
In a blog post on the WhatsApp website, co-founder Jan Koum wrote: “We are excited to announce that, coinciding with WhatsApp’s 8th birthday on February 24, we are reinventing the status feature.
“Starting today, we are rolling out an update to status, which allows you to share photos and videos with your friends and contacts on WhatsApp in an easy and secure way.”
How to create a WhatsApp status:
– Open WhatsApp and touch the ‘Status’ tab at the top of the screen
– Tap on the ‘My status’ icon, which has a green circle with a white + sign in it
– You will then be able to take a new photo, record a video or upload an existing file
– Once you’ve done this you can add your own drawings, as well as emojis and text
– Finally, tap the ‘Send’ button
Check out the video below to see how it works:
Do you think this is a good feature for WhatsApp? Drop your comments below & Join the conversation , even on our Twitter or Facebook :