Many of us use our smartphones to bank with FNB on a daily basis. In the unfortunate event that your smartphone is lost or stolen, fraudsters have a clever way to gain access to your device and any banking credentials stored on your smartphone or iCloud to defraud you.
WHAT THEY DO
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
- Call the FNB Fraud Centre immediately on 087 575 9444 to block your profile.
- Delink the FNB App by logging into your Online Banking profile. Once logged in select Online Banking Settings , then the Banking tab followed by the My devices & browsers option and choose the device you want to delink.
- Report the incident to your mobile service provider who will help you blacklist your device.
It is also good practice to…
- Ignore any SMS notification that asks you to select a link and provide your iCloud username and password, and at times your smartphone passcode.
- Do not store any banking credentials on your smartphone.
- Do not let your browser (Safari/Chrome) save your banking passwords.
- Ensure that your banking credentials are unique and not used to log into any other websites, email accounts or apps.
- When selling your device, ensure all your personal details are removed, the FNB App is delinked and the device is reset to factory settings.
- Never leave your smartphone unattended when you are logged in.
While this fraudulent activity appears to be targeting our Apple users, we encourage customer’s using Android phones to always be vigilant and follow the same process should their phone be lost or stolen.
FNB Digital Banking