The Road Traffic Management Corporation (RTMC) is rolling out the new online service to allow South Africans book for driver’s license.
The service launched in the City of Tshwane and now will roll-out in the City of Ekurhuleni (from November 2018).
As from 1 November, the City will no longer assist walk-in customers when it comes to drivers’ licences.
RTMC introduced this service to simplify the process of applying and renewing vehicle driving licenses. Further, it is combat corruption by minimising the manipulation of the process by unscrupulous officials.
In just 10 minutes, users will be able to apply/book for their learner’s or driver’s license tests and renew driver’s license.
This applies to:
· Booking a learner’s licence test;
· Booking a driver’s licence test;
· Renewing a driver’s licence card; and
· Renewing or applying for a professional driving permit (PrDP).
To apply for the above, bookings must be made at online.natis.gov.za.Walk-in customers for the following would still be accommodated:
· Vehicle registrations
· Vehicle licence renewals
· Duplicate registration papers
· Scrapping of vehicles
· Change of vehicle ownership