This alternative to home-based isolation is available to members at a significantly reduced rate and offers tailored medical support including access to nursing care, supportive over-the-counter medication and online doctor consultations, where required.
Here’s what you will pay:
The capital empire in Sandton, from:
– R1350 per night: Standard hotel room
– R2000 per night 1 bedroom apartment
Discovery Health Medical Scheme members pay:
– R950 per night – Standard hotel room
– R1600 per night – 1 bedroom apartment
This partnership provides members of the Discovery Health Medical Scheme (DHMS) who have been diagnosed with COVID-19, or are waiting for tests results, a safe place to isolate themselves from their families.
According to the group, there will be a nurse on-site to ensure proper health protocols are being followed, and food delivered by room service will be inspected to ensure that suppliers are following WHO’s food preparation and protocols.
The Hotels offers:
- Three meals a day – breakfast, lunch, and dinner (you also get beverages with that).
- People are encouraged to stay between 12-14 days.
- Discovery Health Medical Scheme members can take advantage of a reduced rate, where R400 will be knocked off standard rooms.
- Nurses will be onsite to ensure proper health protocols are being followed at the hotel, preserving guest and staff safety.
- Complimentary laundry is done in your apartment.
- Rooms and apartments come with large sliding windows & balconies.
- There is air-conditioning in each unit, with non-circulating systems.
- Full back-up generators are available, meaning that not even load shedding can disrupt your stay.
- Smart TVs in all rooms allow guests to use Netflix and other streaming services.
- Free uncapped high-speed Wi-Fi.
- Comprehensive DSTV channels.