The South African Social Security Agency (Sassa) has officially opened the process for applications of the R350 special COVID-19 Social Relief of Distress Grant for unemployed people.
The grant forms part of the R500 billion economic and social relief measures announced by President Cyril Ramaphosa last month. The R350 amount will be paid to qualifying applications from May until October 2020.
HERE’S HOW TO APPLY FOR THE R350 GRANT:
Applicants must be:
- Above the age of 18
- Not receiving any income
- Not receiving any social grant
- Not receiving any unemployment insurance benefit and does not qualify to receive unemployment insurance benefits
- Not be receiving a stipend from the National Student Financial Aid Scheme; and
- Not a resident in a government-funded or subsidized institution.
The compulsory information for the processing of their applications:
- Identity Number
- Name and surname as captured in the ID (and initials)
- Gender and disability
- Banking details
- Contact details
- Residential address
How to Apply:
– Send a WhatsApp message to 082 0468 553
– USSD line: (SMS) Dial *134*7737#
– E-mail to SRD@sassa.gov.za