Sony has recently launched a go-to camera for vloggers, influencers, and content creators in general.
The Sony ZV-1 is a purpose-built compact camera blending the proven imaging capabilities of the RX100-series platform with an updated physical design for more efficient content creation.
Featuring a side flip-out 3.0″ touchscreen and a directional 3-capsule microphone that are perfect for front-facing recording, the ZV-1 also caters to this crowd with the Product Showcase Setting, Background Defocus function, Soft Skin Effect, and Face Priority Auto-Exposure.
The model comes in a portable design, sleek and lightweight design. The camera comes with an impressive ZEISS 24-70mm-equivalent standard zoom lens, with a bright f/1.8-2.8 maximum aperture range. It also features a Active SteadyShot image stabilization to make sure the footage is steady and smooth.
The ZV-1 records up to 4K recording at 30p. The footage is also benefitted by Sony’s S-Log2 and HLG picture profiles that match up with their professional cine cameras for refined color, dynamic range, and detail when recording.
– Rear 3.0″ 921.6k-dot LCD touchscreen with flip-out design
– a dedicated windscreen for the built-in mic is included to help achieve cleaner audio when working outdoors
– a 3.5mm microphone port and a Multi Interface Shoe
– Face-Priority AE detects the subject’s face and adjusts the exposure to ensure the face is depicted in an ideal brightness, even if walking from a bright place into shade
–Soft Skin Effect can be used to soften and smooth wrinkles or blemishes on a subject’s face to create a natural, smooth complexion
– Active SteadyShot is an advanced image stabilization mode that ensures steady video while moving, even when handheld shooting while walking
– Compatible with the Sony Bluetooth® wireless shooting grip GP-VPT2BT, which offers cable-free control of zoom, recording and more, and expands into a mini-tripod for stable hands-free shots
The ZV-1 is available to buy at Cameraland and Takealot, priced around R 16,999.99.
Here’s a dive into the features on Sony ZV-1: