Apple today announced Apple Watch Series 6 and the new affordable option; Apple Watch SE.
Series 6 introduces a new Blood Oxygen sensor, faster S6 System in Package (SiP), next generation always-on altimeter, new case colors, and new bands. The company has come together with health research organizations that will seek to learn how signals from apps on Apple Watch, such as Heart Rate and Blood Oxygen, could serve as early signs of respiratory conditions like influenza and COVID-19.
The Apple Watch SE is a more affordable option featuring the largest Apple Watch display, fall detection, advanced fitness features, and Family Setup with watchOS 7.
Key Features Series 6:
– Series 6 conveniently measures the oxygen saturation of the user’s blood, so a user can better understand their overall fitness and wellness.
– Features a new dual-core processor based on A13 Bionic
– comes with watchOS 7
– upgraded S6 SiP runs up to 20 percent faster, allowing apps to also launch 20 percent faster
– same all-day 18-hour battery life
– features the U1 chip and Ultra Wideband antennas, which will enable short-range wireless location to support new experiences, such as next-generation digital car keys
– always-On Retina display on Apple Watch Series 6 is up to 2.5 times brighter
Pricing and Availability: Apple Watch Series 6 (GPS) starts at $399 and Apple Watch Series 6 (GPS + Cellular) starts at $499. Available to order today from apple.com starts shipping from Friday, 18 September.
Key Features Watch SE:
– a stunning Retina display, with thin borders and curved corners, that is 30 percent larger than Series 3.
– S5 System in Package (SiP) and dual-core processor
– latest speaker and microphone, which are optimized for better sound quality for phone calls, Siri, and Walkie-Talkie,1 along with Bluetooth 5.0
– always-on altimeter provides real-time elevation all day long by using a new, more power-efficient barometric altimeter, along with GPS and nearby Wi-Fi networks
– fall detection uses a custom algorithm and the latest accelerometer and gyroscope to detect when a user falls
– utilizes the latest-generation microphone to measure ambient sound levels in a user’s environment. The watch sends a notification if the decibel level of surrounding sound has risen to a point that it could cause damage, and users can check noise levels at any time through the Noise app or Noise watch face complication
Pricing and Availability: Apple Watch SE (GPS) starts at $279 and Apple Watch SE (GPS + Cellular) starts at $329. Available to order today from apple.com starts shipping from Friday, 18 September.