Ramaphosa announced the extension of the level 4 lockdown with two more weeks (until 25th July 2021) and further strict Covid-19 restrictions.
This comes after the 14 days lockdown imposed last month.
Here’s a quick round-up of Ramaphosa’s address and new regulations:
– Restaurants and eateries are allowed to open, observing strict health protocols.
– Schools remain closed until 26 July 2021.
– Sale of alcohol is not allowed (both for on-site and off-site) consumption.
– Gyms and fitness centres are allowed to open.
– Curfew remains from 9pm until 4am.
– All gatherings (indoor or outdoor) are not allowed. Funerals and cremations are allowed (maximum of 50 people).
On the flip side of the ongoing vaccination program, the president announced that from 15 July 2021, residents over the age of 35 can start to register, and will be able to get vaccinated from 01 August 2021.