Lifestyle and Sportswear retailer The Cross Trainer is looking for a Chief Marketing Officer — someone who will focus on architecting the growth and marketing of the brand.
FULL JOB DETAILS:
You will be the leading voice for all things growth at Frame Leisure Trading across our E-commerce & Brick and Mortar Business. This role offers a unique opportunity to build a world-class growth & marketing team and innovate the company’s marketing, product and data strategies as The Cross Trainer scales its E-commerce business and grow it’s in house private label in the next 12 months.
- Lead Store Openings.Architect and implement a comprehensive store opening strategy across our carts & kiosks that aligns with brand, budget, and operational objectives. Build the playbook for Frame Leisure Trading Brand’s location openings & growth from pre-launch set up (signage/collateral/experience), to launch day tactics (customer engagement, live launches, digital announcements), and post-launch growth tactics (IRL and app promotions, influencers, partnerships, events and brand campaigns).
- Lead customer growth for XT Private label, both in terms of top of funnel acquisition as well as bottom funnel conversion, loyalty & retention
- Scale the eCommerce business with a focus on driving sales and optimizing Direct to consumer strategies.
- Set strategy for and manage our marketing teams across brand, performance and IRL/local; be able to execute in the trenches on the growth & performance side
- Create and implement strategic marketing initiatives across various marketing functions including performance, digital/paid, brand, social, web, app (notifications), IRL, advertising, events and partnerships, SEM/SEO, email
- Hold a key seat at the table in strategic company decisions around how we should grow. Develop and inspire longer-term strategic roadmaps. Hold yourself and the team accountable to hitting these growth and engagement goals
- Using data and analytics for decision making and measuring marketing effectiveness as well as creating a culture of structured experimentation and iteration to drive growth
- Creating and implementing the marketing plan & budgets in line with overall business objectives while striking a balance between longer-term strategic brand building activities, mid-term lead generation and nurturing, as well as quick wins to achieve growth & ROI target
- Explore, strategize, and execute emerging channel & tactic opportunities that we have not yet tested into, supporting our broader goal of finding the best growth hacks for our unique business
- Demonstrate proactive organizational, time management, and prioritization skills when faced with ambiguous challenges and limited direction
- Balance multiple fast-turn, high-priority projects at once with an ability to predict and stick to estimated completion timelines
- Help implement and report on/optimize against a content strategy for social, .com and marketing content.
- Work closely with editorial partners to help identify editorial content that will best execute against our identified strategic goals
- Work closely with social media team to implement content best practices across platforms, test/learn and optimize
- Develop social media measurement reports on a regular cadence with insights and social media team
- Create, execute against and report on best-in-class channel strategy for social content (specifically Instagram, linkedin, facebook & twitter)
- Collaborate with content teams to find innovative creative uses for existing and emerging social media platforms (e.g. Instagram Live, Reels & TV, TikTok, etc, strengthening the brand’s visibility and virality, while preserving brand integrity.
- 7-10 years of growth (& brand/performance) marketing experience (in house or at an agency); start-up experience a plus!
- Growth mindset. A bright, kind and goal-oriented leader; a player/coach mentality and can play both roles exceptionally well; experience developing and managing a team with 10+ humans.
- Experience managing budgets of at least R9m annually.
- Track record of scaling up DTC business lines. You have prior experience in a similar role with a solid track record of success.
- You have strong experience in Growth Hacking, Demand Generation, Loyalty/Retention, Social Media/Viral Marketing, and managing tactics across the full customer funnel from acquisition to retention. In-depth knowledge and expertise in data, analytics, CRM, paid media, social, affiliate, email/SMS, apps, and more.
- You have good knowledge of Campaign Management Tools and Analytics Tools (eg. MixPanel, Firebase, Adjust, Google Analytics, Mode, Looker, Experience with Sprout, Monday.com and other social measurement tools etc.).
- A strategic, entrepreneurial thinker, and self-starter who isn’t afraid to push the envelope and take calculated risks in the name of driving big wins.
- Data-driven and analytical. You always try to back product decisions with data. When data is not available, you’re comfortable driving data analysis to inform decisions.
- Customer-obsessed. You care deeply about building the right experience for our local customers and try to do so from data analysis to market research to iterative testing.
- Thorough and detail-oriented across all things you touch.
- You are highly goal driven and work well in fast paced environments.
- Ability to switch between left and right brain seamlessly.
- Passionate about The Cross Trainer mission to build the world’s best local commerce experience — valuing sustainability, community, and innovation.
- Strong presentation ability to key stakeholders and leadership.
- Strong leadership ability in a complex and fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to drive change in a big organisation, with equal emphasis on process and outcome.
- Significant experience managing social and content teams within art, luxury or fashion retail industries
- A natural innovator.
- Ability to think strategically and translate creative ideas into commercial objectives.
- Strong storytelling, communication and presentation skills.
- Familiarity with the operations and procedures of a content production team.
- Knowledge of digital trends, omni-channel marketing, online media, social networks.
- Strong sense of ownership and able to apply consistent strategic standards across all outputs at Frame Leisure Trading.
- Attuned to both the Cross Trainer’s brand, its competitors, and the wider market landscape.
- Has a proven track record of successfully leading clients into new strategic areas
- Is familiar with research methodologies and brand and marketing models
- Competitive salary & equity comp
- Medical Aid & Provident Fund coverage
- Location: based in **Johannesburg**
- Email CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application closing date: 15 August 2021
Applications for this job title will close on Sunday, 15 August 2021.