South African luxury fashion brand THEBE MAGUGU is hiring a design intern — an exceptional and organized talent in design with a cross-disciplinary interest in current and topical affairs, who is highly motivated and skilled in pattern making, adobe suite, and creative ideation.
PAID DESIGN INTERNSHIP
– Strong organizational skills
– Proficient in Adobe Suite & Pattern Making
– Cross-disciplinary interests in current and topical affairs
– Exceptional talent with commercial eye and detail in product styling
– Highly motivated, passionate, and results-oriented
– Ability to multi-task, drive for problem-solving as well as react with speed and agility
– Action-Oriented: Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
– Situational adaptability
– Strong organization skills
-Ability to effectively communicate thoughts and ideas in written and verbal form
– Ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines
-Strong ability to apply different mediums for creative design
– Developing Patterns
– Support in strategy and concept
– Support in maintaining/organization of styles, trims, and development library
– Collaborate and follow up on deliverables and deadlines with all cross-functional partners throughout the design process for different projects
– Prepare materials for meetings and presentations in a timely, organized manner
– Assist with organizing design archives: sketches, research, and garments
– Conduct research on fashion trends/competitive intelligence and report back to designers
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
– Assistant/freelance/internship experience preferred
– Passion for Women’s and Men’s apparel design and the Thebe Magugu Brand
Relevant Degree or Diploma
Must be Based in Johannesburg
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please send the following: Cover Letter, CV & Portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly note if any of the requested assets are not all in one email your application will be disregarded.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 21 JANUARY 2022.