If you’re a Uber rider, sure you’re keen to know how good or bad drivers rate you…
Well, Uber is now letting its riders see how drivers rate them.
Users can access a breakdown of their average rating in the Uber app’s new Privacy Center. You’ll see how many drivers gave you a stellar 5-star rating, how many handed out the dreaded single star, and everything in between.
To access the Privacy Center and rating breakdown in the app:
– In the settings menu, tap privacy and then Privacy Center
– In the Privacy Center, swipe to the right and click on the “would you like to see a summary of how you use Uber” tile
– Scroll down to the “browse your data” section and tap on “View my ratings” to see the breakdown
Want to improve your rating?
Both riders and drivers have the ability to rate one to five stars on a trip. Your rating is the average of your last 500 trips. If you want to help improve your rating, drivers have shared some of the top reasons they hand out fewer stars:
1. Pack it in, pack it out: Drivers shouldn’t have to clean up after you. Always make sure to take your trash and any other belongings with you. Don’t leave a mess behind.
2. Buckle Up: Studies show that unbuckled passengers in the back seat can put the driver at greater risk of injury in a crash. So always remember to buckle up for your and the driver’s safety.
3. Be ready: Remember that drivers’ time is valuable and they shouldn’t have to wait for you. A smooth pickup is better for everyone so be ready to go when the driver arrives.
4. Treat everyone and everything with respect: As outlined in our Community Guidelines, we want riders and drivers to feel safe, respectful, and positive. Always treat your driver and their vehicle as you would want to be treated.
5. Don’t slam the door! It is easy to accidentally slam a door if you aren’t thinking about it, and drivers have consistently cited door slams as a reason why they deduct stars.