Apple announced a range of new products including the new iPhone 14 during its annual September event.
The new iPhone line-up will have four models, iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Plus, iPhone 14 Pro, and iPhone 14 Pro – unfortunately, there will be no mini model this year.
– All U.S. iPhone 14 models will no longer come with a SIM card tray. The models will now have eSIM (digital SIM) that can support multiple phone numbers and is better for security.
– iPhone 14 has a new satellite emergency feature that allows a user to send emergency SOS messages in places where there’s no available network signal. The feature is designed to connect an iPhone 14′s antennas directly to a satellite, to send a message.
– Crash Detection – iPhone can now detect a severe car crash and will automatically call emergency services when a user is unconscious or unable to reach their iPhone.
– Pro models: Available in 6.1-inch and 6.7-inch sizes,1 both models include a new Super Retina XDR display with ProMotion that features the Always-On display for the first time ever on iPhone.
– Pro models come with The Dynamic Island, a pill-shaped notch on the front screen. The shape can transform into different shapes and sizes and will display notifications for incoming phone calls, Face ID authentication, music player info and more.
– The Pro lineup features a new 48MP Main camera, a new 12MP Ultra Wide, improved Telephoto camera that offers 3x optical zoom.
– A new Action mode allows videos shot with iPhone 14 to look smooth and adjust to significant shakes, motion, and vibrations.
– Cinematic mode, now available in 4K at 30 fps and 4K at 24 fps.
Pricing & Availability:
– iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max will be available in deep purple, silver, gold, and space black in 128GB, 256GB, 512GB, and 1TB storage capacities.
– iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Plus will be available in midnight, blue, starlight, purple, and (PRODUCT)RED in 128GB, 256GB, and 512GB storage capacities.
All the iPhone 14 models will be available to buy at iStore (online and in-stores) on 23 September 2022. Online Pre-orders will open on 16 September 2022.
*Local pricing is still to be confirmed in the coming weeks.
Share your thoughts on this article and join the conversation on Twitter or Facebook.