DJI has unveiled a new Osmo Action 3 camera with an improved battery and native vertical shooting.
The Osmo Action 3 is packed with a 1770mAh Extreme Battery that lets the camera record for up to 160 minutes. It also handles temperatures as low as -20° C (-4° F), and charges from 0-80% in as little as 18 minutes and 0-100% in 50 minutes, because of the native fast-charging support.
The camera has a built-in mounting system that instantly and securely clips the camera to handlebars, helmets, and more.
To appeal to the social media layouts, the camera now has a new Horizontal-Vertical Protective Frame that brings this quick-mounting technology in a vertical orientation, perfect for social media content.
Osmo Action 3 features a 1/1.7-inch imaging system and shoots in 4K/120fps. An improved heat management system enables continuous 4K/60fps recording until the battery runs out of power, solving the overheating issue common to many other action cameras. D-Cinelike Color Mode is available in video, slow-motion, and timelapse modes for those looking for more room to edit in post-production.
HorizonSteady helps to eliminate camera shake in all directions and even horizontally corrects tilt at any angle.
This is the first action camera with dual touchscreens, letting users access settings from any angle while keeping the camera in perfect position. Three-mic stereo recording reduces wind noise and boosts the audio quality of the footage. Wi-Fi Livestream supports 1080p/30fps, 720p/30fps and 480p/30fps, and pausing recording during the stream. UAC/UVC Webcam support offers high-quality video and audio for conference calls and livestreams.
Other key features include:
– Voice Control recognizes voice commands with a high recognition rate to control the camera when hands are busy.
– InvisiStick for Skiing recognizes and digitally hides the selfie stick in snowsport situations.
– 1.5m Drop Resistance from Corning Gorilla Glass for the touchscreens and lens cover.
– Timelapse with low-power consumption, preset for common scenarios (crowds, clouds, sunset), and dynamic timelapse video stabilization for smooth exposure and color temperature changes.
– Digital Lens shoots in Standard (Dewarp), Wide, and Ultra-Wide for all shooting modes.
– Digital Zoom of up to 4x can be adjusted while recording for better image composition.
– DJI Mic Compatibility via the Type-C port, and external mics via 3.5mm to Type-C cable.
– Loop Recording for continuous recording and overwriting according to a preset time.
Price and Availability:
The Osmo Action 3 Standard Combo retails for USD $329 and includes Osmo Action 3, one Osmo Action 3 Extreme Battery, the Osmo Action 3 Horizontal-Vertical Protective Frame, the Osmo Action 3 Quick-Release Adapter Mount, and the Osmo Flat Adhesive Base.