Meet the Bajaj Qute, the new car that’s been making rounds on the Joburg roads.
Bajaj Qute is currently utilized by e-hailing service Bolt drivers, falling under the Bolt Lite category in various parts of Joburg, including Rosebank, Parktown, Melville, and Braamfontein, amongst others.
Manufactured by Bajaj Auto, an Indian automotive manufacturing company, this model is categorized as a compact ‘quadricycle’ not a car.
This Bajaj Qute is a predecessor to the in-famous tu tuk (Bajaj RE4S) which you might have seen around the city.
Per the brand’s Facebook page, the price tag is around R85 000.
HE ARE THE KEY FEATURES:
- 4 doors, sliding windows
- Engine at the back
- Manual, 5 forward and 1 reverse
- Spacious interior
- Roof-mounted fans, adjustable vents
- Basic features: lights, indicators, wiper
- Top speed of 70 km/h / 5th gear
- City-friendly, not for highway driving
- Fuel tank capacity 8 litres (full tank costs approximately R180)
- Weight 399 kg
- Seating capacity driver + 3 passengers
- Width 1312 mm
- Height 1652 mm
Here’s a closer look at the Bajaj Qute (images by: Spider’s Web group):